Thank you for joining us. An archived video of the event will be posted shortly.
David Brower Center, 2150 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
Farmworker, business, policy, and research leaders will share on-the-ground perspectives on the current farm labor landscape in California. As the state with the highest number of agricultural workers, 75% of whom are immigrants, we will explore how California can lead the nation in providing healthy, safe, just, and equitable working conditions and how engaged community members can support these efforts.
- Luis Alejo, Monterey County Supervisor and Former State Assemblyman, 30th District
- Christy Getz, Associate Cooperative Extension Specialist, Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, UC Berkeley
- Mily Trevino Sauceda, Co-founder, Líderes Campesinas
- Chad Sokol, Dry Grocery and Commodity Buyer, Costco Bay Area Region
- Moderated by: Maria Echaveste, Senior Fellow, Center for Latin American Studies, UC Berkeley
Opening theatrical presentation, or teatro, by members of Líderes Campesinas
School of Public Health and Pesticide Action Network North America