Basic Needs Security (BNS) refers to the food, housing, and financial security of our community. We understand that basic needs have a direct impact on the mental-emotional-physical health, wellness, academic performance, professional development, and holistic success of our students.
Within the Food Security sphere of BNS, UC Berkeley offers the following resources to students and members of the campus community:
- CalFresh Clinics
- Food Assistance Program
- UC Berkeley Food Pantry
- Gardening and Farming Skills
- Harvest Day
- Nutritional Science and Toxicology Food Security Courses
- University Health Services
- USDA Eat Fresh
Learn more about Basic Needs Security at the University of California:
- UC Global Food Initiative: Food and Housing Security at the University of California report and executive summary, December 2017
- Student Food Access and Security Study report, July 2016
For more information on these resources, visit the BNS webpage here.