Interested in a career in transforming food systems? Join the Berkeley Food Institute for a series of three career panel webinars that highlight different food and agriculture sectors. Speakers will share stories of how they built their job paths and offer insights into current trends in the field.
Each session has a separate registration link and can be attended individually. Or inspire your career by attending all three! Presented with the Berkeley Food Institute Student Councils.
Session 1 – Food Businesses: The Protein Session
November 12, 2020, 6–7pm PT
- Prachi Jha, Research Assistant, Better Meat Company
- Alan Lovewell, Founder, Real Good Fish
- Monica Martinez, Founder and Owner, Don Bugito
- Minh Tsai, Founder and CEO, Hodo Foods
- Moderator: Will Rosenzweig, Faculty Director, UC Berkeley Center for Responsible Business Sustainable Food Initiative
Session 2 – Food Justice Nonprofits from a Regional Lens
November 17, 2020, 6–7pm PT
- Clarissa Broughton, Direct Distribution Coordinator, Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Ildi Carlisle-Cummins, Executive Director, California Institute for Rural Studies
- Daniella Sawaya, Community Engagement Manager, Kitchen Table Advisors
- Herman Yee, Program Manager, Urban Sprouts
- Moderator: Tiffany Deguzman, Director of Client Services, UC Berkeley Law Food justice Project
Session 3 – Celebrating BFI Alumni!
February 2, 2021, 6–7 PT
Speaker info coming soon.
Rosalie Z. Fanshel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-610-8571
Simultaneous captioning will be provided via an Otter link that will be shared throughout the webinar in the chat function. If you require any other accommodation for effective communication in order to fully participate in this virtual event, please contact Rosalie Z. Fanshel with as much advance notice as possible, and at least 7–10 days in advance.