New! Student Jobs and Fellowships
Equity and Inclusion Graduate Student Fellowship
Applications due September 10, 9pm PST
This fellowship recipient will serve as a graduate student leader for the ongoing project, “Building Equitable and Inclusive Food Systems at UC Berkeley.” Entering its third year, the project aims to improve campus climate through addressing the barriers and possibilities for greater equity, diversity, and inclusion in the UC Berkeley food system, including in academics and educational programming, student-led initiatives, and campus operations.
Student Opportunities Newsletter
Sign up for the weekly BFI Student Opportunities Newsletter to keep in touch with food-related student opportunities on and off-campus, including internship and job postings, scholarships, volunteering, community events, and more! Check out the archives here.
Complete this form if you would like to advertise a food-related opportunity in our Student Opportunities newsletter.
Food and Agriculture-Related Organizations
Interested in getting involved but not sure where to start? BFI has compiled a list of over 300 organizations related to sustainable food and agriculture. Use control+F to search by key words, location, or scope. Click here to access the list.
Additional Professional Development Resources
Here are some additional resources to assist you with finding internship, job, and volunteer opportunities, including:
- Government Opportunities in Food Policy: A compilation of internships with food-related policy departments and agencies on the federal, state, and Bay Area level
- UC Berkeley’s Career Center lists jobs, internships and career development events
- UC Berkeley’s Public Service Center connects students to shared learning and collaborative action
- Ecological Farming Association sends 1-3 emails per week featuring jobs for a healthy and just food system
- Good Food Jobs lists internships, apprenticeships and jobs
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service lists internships, apprenticeships, and jobs
- Sustainable Agriculture Jobs, Internships, and Apprenticeships is an active Facebook page for career development opportunities
- Tufts Comfoods links individuals and organizations towards community food security
- National Center for Appropriate Technology lists sustainable agriculture internships and apprenticeships