Student Jobs and Fellowships
Policy Assistant: Application Deadline February 20, 2018, 5pm
The role of the Policy Assistant is to help with the Berkeley Food Institute’s policy program. This position works closely with the BFI Policy Director, with additional interaction with the full BFI staff. Key tasks include assistance with the policy section of the BFI website, Salesforce data, policy-related events, and more. More information and apply here.
Food Recovery Program Campus Kitchen Advocate: Application Deadline February 20, 2018, 5pm
This student position, directly supervised by staff at the Berkeley Student Food Collective, will act as a principal student representative, advocate, liaison, researcher, developer, storyteller, and visionary facilitating and assisting the creation of a centralized kitchen. More information and apply here.
Food Recovery Coordinator: Application Deadline February 20, 2018, 5pm
The Food Recovery Coordinator will work under the guidance of the Campus Gardens Coordinator and the Basic Needs Coordinator team to manage the launch and operations of the Food Recovery Program. The Coordinator will use the framework developed by the Food Recovery Coalition and ongoing meetings with the Coalition to guide and shape the Program. More information and apply here.
Student Opportunities Newsletter
Sign up for the weekly BFI Student Opportunities Newsletter to keep in touch with food-related student opportunities on and off-campus, including internship and job postings, scholarships, volunteering, community events, and more! Check out the archives here.
Complete this form if you would like to advertise a food-related opportunity in our Student Opportunities newsletter.
Food and Agriculture-Related Organizations
Interested in getting involved but not sure where to start? BFI has compiled a list of over 300 organizations related to sustainable food and agriculture. Use control+F to search by key words, location, or scope. Click here to access the list.
Additional Professional Development Resources
Here are some additional resources to assist you with finding internship, job, and volunteer opportunities, including:
- Government Opportunities in Food Policy: A compilation of internships with food-related policy departments and agencies on the federal, state, and Bay Area level
- UC Berkeley’s Career Center lists jobs, internships and career development events
- UC Berkeley’s Public Service Center connects students to shared learning and collaborative action
- Ecological Farming Association sends 1-3 emails per week featuring jobs for a healthy and just food system
- Good Food Jobs lists internships, apprenticeships and jobs
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service lists internships, apprenticeships, and jobs
- Sustainable Agriculture Jobs, Internships, and Apprenticeships is an active Facebook page for career development opportunities
- Tufts Comfoods links individuals and organizations towards community food security
- National Center for Appropriate Technology lists sustainable agriculture internships and apprenticeships