New! Student Jobs and Fellowships
Designers and Javacript Developers: Foodscape Mapping Project
Applications open until March 7, 5pm
2017 Graduate Student Community Engagement and Leadership Fellowship Awards
Applications open until March 24, 5pm
The Berkeley Food Institute (BFI) Community Engagement and Leadership Fellowship supports graduate students to partner with sustainable food systems organizations to work on projects that are in alignment with BFI’s thematic areas: Promote Equitable Access to Good Food; Advance Fair and Healthy Jobs in Food Systems; and Accelerate the Adoption of Agroecology. Fellowships provide students with opportunities for leadership development and meaningful internship experiences that are also of enduring value to host organizations. Fellows complete the equivalent of at least 8 weeks of full time work during Summer 2017. The fellowship can also be undertaken on a part time basis; however equivalent work must be completed before December 15, 2017.
Student Opportunities Newsletter
Sign up for the BFI Student Opportunities Newsletter to keep in touch with food-related student opportunities on and off-campus, including internships, jobs, volunteering, funding, and more! Check out the archives here.
Complete this form if you would like to advertise a food-related opportunity in our Student Opportunities newsletter.
Food and Agriculture-Related Organizations
For a list of over 300 organizations related to sustainable food and agriculture, click here.
Here are some additional resources to assist you with finding internship, job, and volunteer opportunities, including:
- Government Opportunities in Food Policy: A compilation of internships with food-related policy departments and agencies on the federal, state, and Bay Area level
- UC Berkeley’s Career Center lists jobs, internships and career development events
- UC Berkeley’s Public Service Center connects students to shared learning and collaborative action
- Ecological Farming Association sends 1-3 emails per week featuring jobs for a healthy and just food system
- Good Food Jobs lists internships, apprenticeships and jobs
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service lists internships, apprenticeships, and jobs
- Sustainable Agriculture Jobs, Internships, and Apprenticeships is an active Facebook page for career development opportunities
- Tufts Comfoods links individuals and organizations towards community food security
- National Center for Appropriate Technology lists sustainable agriculture internships and apprenticeships