New! Student Jobs and Fellowships
2017 Student Summer Communications Assistant
Applications open until April 26, 5 PM
The role of the Communications Assistant is to help with the Berkeley Food Institute’s external communication activities including our website, printed materials, newsletter, social media, and policy outreach. This position works closely with the BFI Communications Specialist, with additional interaction with the full BFI staff.
Student Opportunities Newsletter
Sign up for the BFI Student Opportunities Newsletter to keep in touch with food-related student opportunities on and off-campus, including internships, jobs, volunteering, funding, and more! Check out the archives here.
Complete this form if you would like to advertise a food-related opportunity in our Student Opportunities newsletter.
Food and Agriculture-Related Organizations
For a list of over 300 organizations related to sustainable food and agriculture, click here.
Here are some additional resources to assist you with finding internship, job, and volunteer opportunities, including:
- Government Opportunities in Food Policy: A compilation of internships with food-related policy departments and agencies on the federal, state, and Bay Area level
- UC Berkeley’s Career Center lists jobs, internships and career development events
- UC Berkeley’s Public Service Center connects students to shared learning and collaborative action
- Ecological Farming Association sends 1-3 emails per week featuring jobs for a healthy and just food system
- Good Food Jobs lists internships, apprenticeships and jobs
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service lists internships, apprenticeships, and jobs
- Sustainable Agriculture Jobs, Internships, and Apprenticeships is an active Facebook page for career development opportunities
- Tufts Comfoods links individuals and organizations towards community food security
- National Center for Appropriate Technology lists sustainable agriculture internships and apprenticeships