New! Student Jobs and Fellowships
Graduate Student Research Assistant
Applications open until July 31, 5 PM PST
The role of the Graduate Student Research Assistant is to help with the Berkeley Food Institute’s research program, specifically in providing research assistance and support for two working groups on agricultural labor conditions and soil health. This position is 5 hours per week throughout the 2017–18 academic year, and works closely with the BFI Executive Director and BFI affiliated faculty and staff.
Agriculture Social Scientist Postdoctoral Scholar
Applications open until August 4, 5 PM PST
The Berkeley Food Institute seeks a postdoctoral scholar for a one-year position (renewable, pending funding) to conduct research for a new soil health policy project at the University of California, Berkeley. The project will be a comprehensive analysis of the motivations, barriers, and enabling conditions that affect the ability of farmers in California to implement diversified farming practices that advance beneficial soil health outcomes.
Student Opportunities Newsletter
Sign up for the BFI Student Opportunities Newsletter to keep in touch with food-related student opportunities on and off-campus, including internships, jobs, volunteering, funding, and more! Check out the archives here.
Complete this form if you would like to advertise a food-related opportunity in our Student Opportunities newsletter.
Food and Agriculture-Related Organizations
For a list of over 300 organizations related to sustainable food and agriculture, click here.
Here are some additional resources to assist you with finding internship, job, and volunteer opportunities, including:
- Government Opportunities in Food Policy: A compilation of internships with food-related policy departments and agencies on the federal, state, and Bay Area level
- UC Berkeley’s Career Center lists jobs, internships and career development events
- UC Berkeley’s Public Service Center connects students to shared learning and collaborative action
- Ecological Farming Association sends 1-3 emails per week featuring jobs for a healthy and just food system
- Good Food Jobs lists internships, apprenticeships and jobs
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service lists internships, apprenticeships, and jobs
- Sustainable Agriculture Jobs, Internships, and Apprenticeships is an active Facebook page for career development opportunities
- Tufts Comfoods links individuals and organizations towards community food security
- National Center for Appropriate Technology lists sustainable agriculture internships and apprenticeships