Berkeley Food Institute Student Group Support Policy
BFI has a small annual budget for supporting the activities of UC Berkeley food and agriculture-related student groups. Requests are considered until the funding is used up for the year.
Food and ag-related activity examples can include, but are not limited to:
– Venue fees
– Speaker fees
– Certain travel costs (e.g. lodging and/or ground/domestic air travel)
– Food and non-alcoholic beverages for events
– Supplies and materials for workshops and events
– Supplies and materials for student-run campus gardens
We do not fund alcoholic beverages or memberships.
A specific student group can make up to two requests per academic year for a total of no more than $500 given to any particular group in one year. Please note: funding is not guaranteed given budget limitations. For Registered Student Organizations (RSO’s), we will transfer awarded funding directly to your ASUC Callink account.
For non-RSO’s, payment will come in the form of reimbursement after the event, and all itemized receipts will be required to receive your reimbursement.
– Itemized receipts clearly showing date of purchase, vendor info, items purchased, and last four digits of card used for student being reimbursed
o Digital receipts are preferred, but paper receipts are OK. Immediately take pictures of all paper receipts by laying them flat on a surface to see entire receipt.
– If funds were transferred to RSO, please let us know
– Speaker fees (aka honorarium) must be paid through your RSO
– Share back a brief summary of outcomes, learnings, and/or photos from your activities
To make a request, please fill out all of the following fields. Requests are discussed by the BFI staff on Tuesdays.